What Type of Insulation is Right for My Home?

by May 8, 2024Batt, Blown-in, Spray Foam0 comments

Type of Insulation is Right for My Home

Are you considering upgrading the insulation in your home? Three of the options you might be choosing from are spray foam insulation, batt and poly insulation, and blown-in fibreglass insulation. Today, we’ll tell you a bit more about each of these types of insulation in Victoria to help you decide.


Spray foam insulation is a smart choice if you’re looking for insulation that will create an airtight seal in your home. This type of insulation is also incredibly effective at blocking out noise. It also has a higher R-value than other insulation types, which will better resist heat flow. Most homeowners also save a lot of money on energy bills after installing spray foam insulation, helping them earn their investment back over time!


Batt and poly insulation is a less expensive option than spray foam insulation, and it’s also easier to install. However, it’s not as quite effective at creating an airtight seal or blocking out noise. Nevertheless, it can still be a good choice if your insulation needs are not too extensive or if you plan to upgrade it.


Blown-in fibreglass insulation is another less expensive option, and it has the added benefit of being fire resistant. It’s also reasonably easy to install. It can also get into the tightest nooks and crannies in your attic. Did you know blown-in attic insulation can also easily be layered on top of existing insulation or to reinforce already insulated areas?


There are pros and cons to each type of insulation, and it’s important to do your research to find out what’s suitable for your home.

If you’re still not sure which type of insulation is right for your home, the experts at HD Horne Sprayfoam & Insulation Ltd. can help. As insulation experts on Vancouver Island, we would be happy to answer any questions you have. Contact us today to learn more!

Call Us Now